This was so inspiring that I can’t help sharing it;
…and as summarized by me;
1. You don’t have to have a dream, be micro-ambitious. You never know where you end up. If you’re too focused on long-term goals, you won’t see the shiny thing at the corner of your eye.
2. Don’t seek happiness. Happiness is like an orgasm – if you think about it too much, it goes away.
3. Remember it’s all luck. You’re incredibly lucky just to be born. Understanding that you can’t take truly take credit for your successes nor truly blame others for their failures will humble you.
4. Exercise. You think therefore you are, but also you jog, therefore you sleep and therefore you’re not overwhelmed by existential angst. Take care of your body, you’re gonna need it.
5. Be hard on your opinions. Opinions are like assholes in that everyone has one – there’s great wisdom in this one, but I would add that opinions differ significantly from assholes in that yours should be thoroughly and constantly examined.
6. Be a teacher. Even if you’re not a teacher, be a teacher. Rejoice in what you learn, and spray it!
7. Define yourself by what you love, not by what you hate. Be pro-stuff, not just anti-stuff.
8. Respect people with less power than you.
9. Don’t rush. You don’t need to know what you want to do with your life.
Don’t go looking for meaning. You won’t find any.